Right Relations RT Responsibilities:
This Resource Team creates an intentional structure through which the Regional Council lives its commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Calls to the Church.
- Animating the “Calls to the Church” and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples;
- Consciousness raising in relation to the legacy of the Indian Residential Schools;
- Responding to issues such as murdered and missing Indigenous women and girls;
- Listening for, responding to, and creating opportunities for cross-cultural dialogue;
- Acknowledgment of Traditional Territory;
- Collaborating with the national ecumenical organization called KAIROS in their educational and advocacy work towards right relations;
- being intentional in its invitation to Indigenous partners to participate;
- Overseeing and managing the “Manitou Art Collection”.