Children, Youth and Young Adults
Quick links to sections on this page:
About | Members | Responsibilites | Staff Support
Team Lead of YaYa RT
Staff Support is pending
If you need assistance please contact Celio de Andrade Santos at email@example.com
YaYa RT Members:
- Cindy Brownlee
- Lisa Blais
- Isabella Barbeiro
- Carol Watson
- Kathy Dahmer
- Pending (Staff Resource)
Responsibilities of the YaYa RT:
To plan for opportunities for youth and young adults within the bounds of the Regional Council to gather and to encourage participation in denominational opportunities while facilitating and supporting existing regional youth activities already active.
- To support youth and young adult networks;
- To plan for intentional ways of engaging youth and young adults in ministry and mission;
- To keep the region informed about YaYa activities through publicity;
- To support and publicize funding opportunities for youth and young adult ministry activities;
- To support camping programs as a ministry to youth, young adults and families;
- To provide opportunity for youth to connect and build community with one another and to encourage and facilitate building networks and connections with local and regional youth, as well as with other regions;
- To encourage gatherings for local and regional youth and young adults within their own communities and in the wider Church community;
- To support existing regional ministries, activities, programs and events for youth and young adults;
- To support and enable leadership development;
Children, youth, and young adults are valued members of The United Church with much to recieve and contribute to our faith communities. Young people are recipients of the church’s ministry, but they are also participants and contributors to its life, mission, and witness.
Taking young people seriously is essential to the journey toward wholeness in the church. Each person, at whatever age, will have gifts and needs within the community. The integration of children and youth into the church is an important part in the journey toward the wholeness that God intends for God’s church.
Programs and Resources for Youth and Young Adults
Programs, resources and events that promote faith, mission, service—and fun—for children, youth, and young adults.
View the Youth and Young Adult page of The United Church of Canada website.
United Church Camps – information on the United Church Camps in our region, with camp details and locations near you.
Staff Support for this Resource Team is pending. If you need assistance please contact:
Celio de Andrade Santos Jr.
Serves in: Canadian Shield and Shining Waters Regional Councils
Location: Teleworks and works from the Shining Waters Regional Office in Guthrie.
Role: Celio provides administrative support to both Canadian Shield and Shining Waters regional councils.