Covid-19 Update – February 22, 2022
The Ontario Government has announced that effective February 17th, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. the regulations include the following:
- indoor religious services, rites and ceremonies, including weddings and funerals, capped at the number of people that can maintain two metres of physical distance, with no limit if proof of vaccination is required
- no limit on attendees at outdoor religious services, rites or ceremonies, including weddings and funerals
- the legal requirement to work from home (except where necessary) has been lifted; however, workplaces must continue to have safety plans in place
If public health and health care indicators continue to improve, the following public health and workplace safety measures will come into effect on March 1, 2022:
- capacity limits lifted in all indoor public settings
- proof of vaccination requirements lifted, with businesses being allowed to implement them voluntarily
- other protective measures, such as mask/face covering requirements and active/passive screening of patrons, will be in place
public health units can deploy local and regional responses based on local health indicators
Singing in Church
Many congregations have questions about congregational singing. While recognizing that the local context of each congregation and each building are unique factors, we encourage you to continue to care for everyone participating in worship. Please keep safety a priority and follow the advice of your public health unit.
As a church, we remain committed to caring for our neighbours. We do this, in part, by making the safety and well-being of everyone in the community a priority.
Please continue to follow the advice of your local health unit for the most up-to-date specific information for your area.
For the latest information from the Province, please see the Ontario Government website: